I am so glad this is a short week. The new dogs are changing my schedule and I need time to figure out how they will fit in. No more morning walks for one thing. My first dog pulls like a sled dog and I am waiting for the special no-pull harness to arrive in the mail. The brown puppy is good on walks but I don't want to walk all 3 separately. And the pitbull, although good on a leash, is in heat and cranky. I don't know what she will do if she meets another dog and I don't want to find out. Luckily the neighbor's roving pitbull is neutered. I swear something dug under the dog run last night. She could be pregnant with coyote pups already!
I used to have my 2 pups hang out in the RV at night. I tried having all 3 dogs in the RV last night and it was ok while they all had a bone to chew on but the pitbull really needs more personal space. Tonight I hung out with them in the mobile home. I let them come in to the living room area and brought the dog toys. I found out that the pitbull loves to kill squeaky toys. She killed the squeaky bear so fast it made me nervous. Poor squeaky bear.
So anyway, that is why I am late with my post. I wish I had a laptop and a wireless connection, then I could post from the mobile home. That is on my want list. And one of my neighbors called and asked if I wanted to go in on a well-share. They are selling part of their property and want to drill a well and split it 3 or 4 ways. My cost would be around $10k for 1/4 share. The other neighbor's well cost $38k a year or so ago. I am considering it. Although it would delay my mortgage plan by 6 months, it would raise my property value more than $10k and make getting a construction loan easier if I ever wanted one. Something to think about for sure.
10k for a water supply doesn't sound too bad. Squeaky bear getting killed sounds pretty bad.
Who would be responsible for well/pump maintenance? Would you have to run much water line from the well to your property?
10k does sound like a great opportunity. Too bad I don't have 10k laying around. Do you think this is an emergency for my 'emergency fund'? A lot of questions are unanswered still. They hadn't gone out for quotes yet. They were just trying to figure out how much each share would cost if they split it 3 ways or 4 ways so they could tell the other people how much their share might cost. I wonder if they'd give me a loan?
Maybe not an emergency. It would be worth it to ask if they would up front the cost and have you buy in when you are ready some day.
Post a Comment