Wednesday, September 9, 2015

3 Cars but No Ride

I was so happy to have a 3 day weekend but the first day I had a sinus headache that wouldn't go away even with 2 pills and a nap.  The next day, I don't know what I ate the day before but something did not agree with me so I was miserable most of the day.  On Monday, I had promised to take my nephew to see Ant Man with his friend and friend's mom.  We browsed the mall for a bit and then watched the movie which was ok.  I guess I was expecting more from the movie.  I really dislike sitting in movie theaters and paying high prices so going to the movies is something I only do when other people want to do it.  I had two free passes given to me by a coworker so at least that was a bargain.

On Tuesday, I jumped in my car to go to work and the battery was too dead to start the car.  The funny thing was that I have two other vehicles at the house in town but out at the rural mobile home I am stuck.  I briefly considered riding my nephew's bike but the closest auto parts store is 20 minutes away by car.  I called AAA and popped the hood.  I never noticed that the battery is not visible in the PT Cruiser.  I had no idea where it was.  The AAA guy was out in an hour and he knew where the battery was hidden.  He tested it and it was bad so he sold me a battery right out of his van.  I didn't even know they did that.  The new battery has a 3 year warranty and a 6 year pro-rated warranty.  I don't expect to keep this car that long.

So, that was my less than exciting weekend and expensive start to the week.  After the $1,100 maintenance bill from last week, I was hoping I wouldn't have any more problems any time soon.  No such luck.

I have much better news about my mother.  She is safely in Washington state now.  She is doing much better physically and mentally.  She will be there for a few more weeks of rehabilitation and she gets to see her grandkids everyday so I hope she is enjoying her time there.

Two more days until another weekend.  It is getting a little cooler here.  Today was only 88 but this weekend it will be back up to 99 so I don't think I will plan to work on any outdoor projects.  This is the time of year that I look longingly at my long sleeve shirt but it is still too hot to wear them.  Cooler weather is right around the corner though.  3 more weeks max.  I can't wait to turn off these air conditioners and save some money on my electric bill.


Lizzie@her MFW Homeworld said...

Time for a motorbike. At least you get to keep cool when its moving, although maybe you need leathers so not so good. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your mom is doing well. Does it seem like she will have a full recovery mentally?

Sorry about all the expensive car issues. I gotta say I don't remember you having so many car issues with your other vehicle, did you?

Michelle H. said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog. I think I read a little bit of it some time back, then found it again. You are such a hard worker! I hope your Mom gets back on her feet soon!
Michelle from Texas

Daizy said...

Ha, Lizzie, I think the closest I will get to a motorcycle is an electric bicycle someday. I hope they will build some stores closer to me soon. Groceries are still a 15 minute drive.

Daizy said...

Anonymous, it does seem like Mom is back to her normal self so that is a relief. regarding the car, it is my theory that because the car is from Connecticut, it is rusty underneath and that is why I have had to replace 2 motor mounts. And I think those failed motor mounts have caused the engine to shake and cause all sorts of other problems. So, yes, this car has had more problems than my truck although I did just have to replace the cooling system in the truck last spring.

Daizy said...

Thnaks, Michelle. Mom is facing a big decision, where to go next. I think she will come back to AZ at least for a while. She has always mentioned wanting to be a snowbird. I don't blame her, I'm tired of the heat. Bring on the fall!