So, anyway, I offered to at least pay for his airfare, maybe more if I can save up the money. I do hope that he decides to go. Especially for a history major, traveling through Europe is an education in itself. I just can't say enough about it. I would gladly put my home search on hold so that he can go but if I find a house that is move-in ready like the first house that I wanted was, then I won't have to spend a lot of money on repairs.
I have one more house that I am interested in. It was just listed. My realtor called the listing agent and she said that there is a strange odor in the house that they can't identify. Oh great! Actually that doesn't worry me as much as the fact that it is a short sale with a huge amount of money owed. I think I will take this weekend off and see if it is still around by next weekend.
what a lovely Aunty you are. I read up on 'short sale' so am beginning to know how it all works. Not sure about house with a funny smell. Are we not thinking previous owner still in the basement somewhere?
I'm still learning how a short sale works too. My realtor is very pessimistic about them. I suppose I shouldn't even look at them. Waiting around for 6 months while the banks decides seems ridiculous. What if I see something better while I am waiting?
Post a Comment