I was very optimistic when I got to the rental house today. My list was short and I had everything that I needed to get things done. First I loaded everything in to my truck that wasn't needed anymore. It filled the truck bed and actually it is still sitting in my truck bed because I was too tired to sort it out when I got home. I am not looking forward to that chore in the morning. Next I tackled a vertical blind. I pulled out the pieces and found that I could take the end off and shorten the top track. It took about 20 minutes with the hand saw but I finally managed to cut it. The rest of the installation went well until I realised the whole thing was backwards so I took it apart and turned it around.
Next I cut the individual slats to the correct length but when I put them on the track the trim around the sliding door kept it the slats from turning all the way. I guess I need to offset the brackets with a 1/2" piece of wood.
In search of wood I decided to go ahead and fix my gate. The plywood was very hard to remove but after lots of prying and hammering I finally removed it. The 3 boards that I bought fit nicely except for the last one which was very warped. Oh well, at least it is fixed.
By the time I was finished fighting with the blinds and the gate it was 6pm so I went home to feed the dogs. I was very disappointed that I didn't get everything finished but they can still take pictures and post it for rent anyway. I guess I'll be working on the house next weekend too.