Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sleepy Saturday

The dogs woke me up at 8 this morning. I usually get up at 6:30 so that is little extra sleep. I expected there to be snow on the ground but I think if there was any last night, the rain washed it away. There was some pretty snow on the mountains though.

I went in the RV, checked my email, turned the heat up and crawl in to my dog-free RV bed just in case I was still tired. The next time I looked at the clock it was 11:30. I think I was a little tired.

I finally got organised enough to start my errands at 1 and headed out with my foster dog. We took the recycling to the library (finally), met some people who want to adopt the dog, I ran to Home Depot while the people were getting to know the dog, then we went off to get propane, water and finally home again. The people want to adopt her and it turns out that the dog doesn't have her microchip yet so I am supposed to meet the new adopters at the Humane Society to get her chip. Great...another dog chore on the other side of town. It wouldn't be so bad if they could take her then but they don't want her until Friday when they have a day off. I want to stop at Big Lots to do some shopping but I can't do it with a dog in the car. Maybe next weekend.

I ran in to Home depot to check out the prices of windows and the sizes. I want one that I can crawl through if I have to. They had one in stock for $70 that was big enough. I didn't get it yet because I am not ready for it yet but it is good to know what they have. I need to check Lowe's also. I think I saw better prices online for Lowe's. Oh, and I want some vinyl flooring for my living room. The floor is painted particle board and it does not stand up well to dog claws or washing. I saw an 8'x12' roll and bought it. On the way out I noticed that it cost twice as much as I had thought. I went back and checked the price. I had been looking at the smaller size. So I took it back. $45 is too much right now and I would need 2 of those. I don't see any vinyl flooring on craig's list but maybe I can find some remnants somewhere.

I was hoping I could work on my plumbing tomorrow but I don't expect to get much done. That's ok though. I have made a lot of progress so far.


Over the Cubicle Wall said...

Nice of your dogs to let you sleep in until 8:00. They must have been cold and wanted to stay curled up in bed.

Daizy said...

They were cold and I was cold. It's hard to turn over with three 50 pound dogs weighing down the blankets.