Saturday, March 28, 2009

Getting Things Done

I wish days like today would last twice as long. I got so much done and only stopped because the sun went down...and I was getting a little tired.

I slept in (of course), ate breakfast and checked the internet, then decided that I should really take a trip to the dump before I got my truck washed. I have been putting off the dump trip because it is intimidating. I loaded up my trash and my bad tenant's trash (yes, it was STILL in my garage), covered it with a tarp and tied it down. After that I was tired and dirty and wanted to go back inside but no, I had to actually take it to the dump. I managed to find my way there and waited in a long line. Paid my $10 fee and asked the woman taking the money(she was the only other woman that I saw there) where to dump the bad tenant's old computer. Dumped the computer and drove up the hill to dump my trash. There was another line when I got to the top of the hill. A guy directing traffic waved at me when there was an open spot and I backed up my little truck. I just happened to back up to a giant flattened cardboard box so when I threw my first bag it hit the cardboard and slid back down to my feet. So, I climbed in to the truck bed and threw my bags over the cardboard...much easier that way. It felt soooo good to get rid of all that trash. I hated the smell of it and the sight of it. My garage looks much cleaner now. I only had the energy to load up the truck once today so next weekend I will take all of the donation stuff. I need to do it soon. The pack rats have been checking things out and I don't want them to start nesting in it. The spiders have already moved in. Icky.

After the dump I drove my truck through the car wash. It didn't do a great job but at least it looks clean from a distance. Then I went to get my oil changed only to find that there was a 3 hour wait. I made an appointment for next Saturday.

Once I got home I did 3 loads of laundry and filled up my water tanks. I watered my trees with the laundry water and added bleach to the holding tanks to keep the mosquitoes out and the water clear.

Now I am tired. I did a lot of walking and carrying stuff around today. Still, I got a lot accomplished and the weather was beautiful. It was a very good day indeed.


Anonymous said...

Good job!

Over the Cubicle Wall said...

Sounds very productive. Too bad about the line at the oil change place.