This was my third try...at least it wasn't as orange as the first 2 tries.
This was my fourth try...I think it was my favorite but he thought there were too many flames.
Fifth try, tried to make less flames, didn't really work but he liked it or gave up on me doing it any differently...I don't know.
This is today's attempt and I don't like it. I know what the problem is. I need the opaque base color in a thin paint that my airbrush can use. When I put yellow on red and then paint over it in transparent red, the result is ORANGE! The only way I got my fourth and fifth try to look red was because I used a can of opaque spray paint that was the same color as the base color. Sprayed lightly over the yellow made the flames look red. The problem with using spray paint is that is was not smooth.
Oops, that just gave me an idea...if I use opaque red airbrush paint for the flames instead of yellow, then maybe the translucent red would make them blend in better. I want this project to be over with! Well, do I try to paint over what I just did or do I let him decide? I just put all my paint and airbrush stuff away but this is going to bug me for the rest of the weekend. I guess I can try it one more time.
It's hard to tell without seeing it on the motorcycle, but I like the 4th attempt best too. They all look good, and I can only imagine the sort of mess I would make trying something like that.
I've never seen it on the motorcycle either. Maybe it will look better.
Fifth is my favorite but they are all pretty impressive. I wish I had a hidden talent (or even one that isnt hidden)
Hi there-I liked the 4th attempt too. You've put a lot of effort and hard work into this project!
I'm sure you have talents lizzie! I already know you clean better than I do! (and more often)
Hello sharon rose, yes, a lot of time and effort. It usually takes up most of my weekend. I am certainly ready for this project to be over!
Post a Comment