I've been working on my airbrush hobby again. might as well keep practicing while I still have all of the supplies. Plus I promised to paint "realistic" flames on this motorcycle cover so I guess I have to keep trying until I get close.
The first try wasn't so good. Not realistic at all. I watched a how-to video and changed the needle on the airbrush (never knew what those other needles were for) and tried again.
Second try was a learning experience. I learned a lot about air pressure and how to use the templates. Still looks too orange and I think it looks like a horse mane. Not quite the look I was going for.
Third try, and I'm getting warmer I think! I sprayed the base color lightly over the horse mane flames and painted some highlights over the top. Then added some orange fire overcoat and this is what I got.
Much better. Not perfect but I'm afraid to mess with it too much. I don't want to ruin it. I'll bring it to its owner again and see if he likes it. I hope so! I'm getting a little tired of flames.
Post a Comment