Finally, I painted flames on that motorcycle gas tank cover! It isn't the finished product. I messed up on it a couple of times so it has to be sanded, repainted and re-flamed but at least I tried. The owner of the tank cover expected to have to repaint it a few times before it is just right.
It took 4 hours to cut stencils, practice a little, find the right spot to paint and finish. I dripped paint on it twice (note to self- Don't tip the airbrush. Paint will drip out!) I am not completely happy with it but it's a start.
I got a free air compressor and free flame paint for doing this job. If I keep practicing, maybe I could actually make some extra money doing custom paint jobs.
Post a Comment