Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Things I am Thankful For
I do a lot of complaining on this blog so I thought I would think of 10 things I am thankful for...
1. My job, even though it is not exciting. It pays the bills and my mortgage and one day I will be able to retire which gives me something to look forward to.
2. My house. Even though I couldn't sell it and I have to keep my job in order to support my house, it gives me the opportunity to earn income when I rent it out and it is also nice to stay in it when I am tired of living in my ultra-frugal RV.
3. My RV. I am glad I have an alternate place to live so that I can rent out my house and someone else can pay my mortgage.
4. My cat. She is noisy, sheds a lot, and smelly but I still love her.
5. My neighbor's free-range dogs. They are dirty and hairy and they would love to eat my cat but they are friendly and keep me company when I am living out at my RV and go for walks.
6. My co-workers. They are very friendly and invite me over for dinner and to use their laundry when I am living in my RV and don't have laundry facilities.
7. My family. I wish I could visit them more often.
8. My health. Even though this has been the most expensive year for medical expenses, I think I have been blessed with relatively good health. Dental health doesn't count. I am in denial about my teeth. I broke up with my dentist today and I hope to find a closer dentist that will give me a better, and less expensive report on my teeth.
9. The weather. While other people are talking about the weather turning cold already, My weather is still around 92 degrees and getting nicer every day.
10. And lastly, my blog. I have learned a lot by starting this blog, about computers, my digital camera and myself. It helps me keep my thoughts organized and gives me a daily project to work on. Whether its good news or bad, I can write it on my blog. Thanks for reading!