Sunday, March 27, 2011
Well, getting the water out of those 50 gallon barrels was not as easy as I had hoped. I started siphoning in to the tank by the mobile home but it stopped halfway empty. Not knowing what to do next, I started some laundry. Then I decided to drive my truck next to the collection tank at the garage so that I could empty out the barrel the rest of the way. My attempts to re-start the siphon failed so I ended up tipping the barrel over and pouring it in to a container and them pumping it to the holding tank. It was much more labor intensive than I had hoped. I need to buy a pump with an intake hose instead of the sump pump that I have. I pumped all of the water from each collection tank in to my holding tank and I now have around 300 gallons. Plus the extra 50 gallons from the hand soap barrel is waiting for future laundry. I didn't make it back to the rental house for more water today. That was disappointing. But I do have 3 clean dogs that my friend washed for me and 2 bags of clean dog laundry. Tomorrow I plan to collect another 100 gallons but I will have to run to the hardware store and buy another pump because siphoning is too slow. I got both vertical blinds up at the house. The only things left to do are closet doors and take stuff back to Home Depot. Almost done but not quite.
Posted by Daizy at 9:09 PM
Labels: chores, rain water
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment