Friday, February 6, 2009

Anticipating Rain And Layoffs

The weekend is here. Rain is in the forecast and the temperatures are dropping. Ok, they aren't dropping that much, just from 80 to 55. That's chilly to me!

I need to get outside tomorrow and transfer water from my collection tank to my holding tank so that I have room for more wonderful rainwater. I also need to do laundry as I skipped it last week in favor of sorting out bags in the garage. I still have 4 bags to sort. I'll give them some attention if it isn't too windy/cold/rainy out there. If it is, I have plenty of things to organise in my mobile home. I'm definitely not lacking in the chore department.

I also intend to spend some time researching careers on the internet. Now would be a good time to have a backup plan. Maybe I can qualify for a federal job. Uncle Sam is hiring. I might have to relocate but if I lost my job I would be willing to move anywhere. I'd still keep my place here. I don't have any loans on this place so it wouldn't cost much to just hold on to it. My rental house should pay for itself as long as it is rented. Just some thoughts. I hope I can stick with my mortgage repayment and early semi-retirement plan but if not I'll have another plan to take its place.


Over the Cubicle Wall said...

Curious, would you move with your RV in tow or do you consider that purely stationary?

Good luck with the rain, and the backup job search. It is finally starting to warm up some here. Been below freezing most of the week. All the way in the 60's tomorrow!

Daizy said...

60's...that's spring weather. I wonder if this storm will reach you.

If I moved within a 3 hour radius I would bring the RV. Otherwise I would sell it and maybe buy another one where ever I ended up depending on the town and the quality of RV parks.

Sharon S said...

Hi there-best of luck with your research on the internet and have a good weekend too!

Daizy said...

Hi Sharon Rose, have a wonderful weekend!