I was tagged by Over The Cubicle Wall to write 6 things about myself. Let's see...
1. I was born in the same hospital that my mother was born in. I always thought that was neat.
2. I spent much of my early childhood climbing fig trees. They were short with bouncy branches and it was easy to imagine that I was riding a horse.
3. After we moved to the suburbs I was walking along the street and a horse without a rider came galloping around the corner. For a brief moment I thought God sent me a horse and I would catch it and jump on its back. It's a good thing that I didn't because it probably would have trampled me or thrown me like it had done to its previous rider.
4. The first pie I ever made was chocolate pudding pie with cookie crust when I was a kid. I still make that pie today. Really easy and mighty tasty.
5. I was in a spelling bee in 8th grade for the local schools. I didn't know how to spell 'Colonel'. No idea at all.
6. I was stranded over-night in Paris once when our train hit a pedestrian and by the time we started going again, the connection train was long-gone. I also found out that Paris train stations close at night so my friends and I spent the night hanging out in a bar until the station opened again. Travelling is fun but not so much when you don't have anywhere to sleep.
I'd like to tag:
Plugged In Finance
SharonRose-$pending, $aving, Me
Have a great week everyone!
That horse story is cool. Did you ever find out where it came from?
No. A guy came running after it a few minutes later but they both ran around the corner out of sight. It wasn't an area where people were allowed to keep horses so I can only imagine it escaped from a horse trailer.
I was so shy to stand in front of people for spelling bees, that I would miss the first word they gave me on purpose just so I could sit down.I went out on the word cabbage one time: c-a-b-a-j-e.
Over The Cubicle Wall, I should let you in on the rest of the story. It wasn't even the standing up kind of spelling bee, it was just the preliminary written test to weed out the kids who couldn't spell colonel. It was on a Saturday morning and I thought it was a complete waste of time. Evidently it was on honor to be picked and I just didn't appreciate my good fortune.
weed out the kids who couldn't spell colonel...lol
Saturday?? How awful!
I always rooted for ours to go on and on because all of us dumb kids got to sit there and daydream until it played itself out. Saturday would have thrown a wrinkle into that strategy. I guess with a written test, the time was at least limited.
I was also born in the same hospital as a parent (my dad)--and delivered by the same doctor!
Hi there-thanks for the tag my dear, hope you don't mind, but I've already done it! You can check it out, it was a money related one!! Love the sound of the chocolate pie, very yummy! Hope you had a lovely weekend!
Wow, Frugal Chick, that is cool. That doctor must have really liked working at that hospital.
No problem Sharon Rose, I wasn't sure if you had done it already or not but I thought I would give you the option.
Is one of the little ones you, in the picture?
Oh yeah, forgot to ask, is that you and your little sis?
Yes, I'm the tall one. And that is a fig tree behind us. The world was blurrier then but at least it was in color.
Post a Comment