Sunday, January 17, 2010

Water On Demand

I worked very hard on my water project today and I am happy to say that my mobile home now has running water! There are a few things that need to be fixed like a clamp added to the drain line so that it doesn't leak but at least it works. It took a lot of trial and error...and error and 2 trips to the hardware store. They gave me coupons for $5 off my next visit and I will definitely be putting them to use.


I know it looks all crazy but I just wanted it to get together so that I could try the pump. I'll straighten it up when I add the shower line. I couldn't believe how expensive all of the plumbing components were. I spent over $100 on everything to hook up the pump, water heater and one sink. Oh, and I decided to try and salvage my old water heater that the dogs chewed the cord off of. It's hooked up now but I haven't tried it yet. That's next on my to-do list.


The 400 gallon tank outside is almost full which means my 500 gallon collection tank is almost empty. We are supposed to get rain this week so I emptied my tanks as much as I could. This could be the only water that I get until Summer, but hopefully not.

I am very tired and wish that I had tomorrow to clean up the mess that I made. I'll have to do the cleaning tonight though since I don't want the dogs to mess anything up while I'm away at work. So far they are good dogs and haven't chewed anything important. Anyway, I have water and I am happy. :)

5 comments:

KoBold said...

Thumbs up for the plumber lady!

Lizzie said...

I am very impressed by how you are getting on top of things this year. Have you got space for visitors yet. I can come over do some cooking and walk the dogs!!
Lizzie

Middle Way said...

Wow, Daizy, you are amazing!

Over the Cubicle Wall said...

Great job!

Daizy said...

Thanks KoBold. It was a pretty bad job. Next weekend I'll be doing some fixing.

Lizzie, come on over! You can have the RV with the cat.

Middle Way, thanks. I'm glad I don't have to worry about re-sale value. That leaves me a lot of room for trial and error.

Over the Cubicle, thank you.