Errand day! I had planned to take my truck to Brake Max, where I usually go but to a different location. When I got there, I realized that it was not a Brake Max, it was a Brake Masters. I've been happy with Brake Max so I didn't want to switch.
Next stop, the pet store for dog food, then to the other location for Brake Max. I didn't like the parking lot, too crowded, so I drove an extra 10 minutes to go to the location I always go to. It is farther out in the suburbs and it isn't so crowded. They said it would take an hour for my truck inspection, oil change and tire rotation. Ace Hardware is next door so I wandered over to see if I could find anything to fix any of my many problems. I should have been more prepared because they had faucet stems but I didn't know which one I needed to fix my leaky shower. I settled on a temporary fix and bought a showerhead regulator (it didn't work as well as I had hoped, only slowed the leak down). I also bought some nails and a replacement light bulb for my small lamp (good thing it was a 2 pack because the first bulb burned itself out when I turned it on). Lastly, I priced reciprocal saws (around $100) and found out that their tools go on sale in November. I think I will compare them to Home Depot and see if they have a better deal.
After an hour, Brake Max called and said that they recommend a power steering flush and spark plug and wire replacement. I said ok to the flush because I don't think I have ever had that done (I am terrible with auto maintenance) but the spark plugs were just changed not too long ago. That can wait. I went back to Brake Max to wait and since I was the only one in the waiting area, changed the TV to the Home and Garden network. I don't get that channel at home so it is fun to watch it when I can.
Then I stopped at the grocery store and then home to unload everything. Dinner was chicken pot pie without the pie. I just made the inside part and had some bread with it. Tomorrow I think I will attempt to actually fix the shower. I have to turn off the water for the house and then attempt to extract the stem. I'm not looking forward to this. I've watched the YouTube videos and read the tutorials but this house was built in the 70's and the plumbing isn't that great. More on this story soon...