Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Being Prepared

Christmas cards, are they outdated? I still like getting Christmas cards although I get fewer and fewer each year. I'm sure the fact that I rarely send out Christmas cards has a lot to do with it.

I usually think about buying cards before Christmas and then choke on the prices. This year I decided to buy some on clearance. The sign said 75% off but when I got to the check-out it rang up only 50%. I told they guy that I thought they were 75% off and he gave me the other 25% without question. Now the key is to put them some place so that I remember them next year. Otherwise I just wasted $2.50.

They had some good deals at the grocery store. Milk for 99 cents per half gallon. A gallon costs $2.50. I bought 2 half gallons of course. Chicken, bagels, yogurt and ice cream on sale too. I am set for the week.

Tomorrow there will only be 3 of us in the office and no bosses. I think I'll bring my dog to work. At least that will make the day more fun. I bought a door knob at the Habitat Store for the hall door. Only $3. No work on Friday so I am hoping that I have all of the supplies necessary to finish my wall without unplanned trips to town for more supplies. Once the wall is done I can work on adding the bathroom. Just one step closer to my goal of getting out of the RV before summer.

4 comments:

Over the Cubicle Wall said...

Good luck on your door project. Nice long weekend to work on it.

I scored some Elvis Christmas cards on clearance when I was home. Very tacky!

Daizy said...

Tacky but practical since I am sure you are going to send them out. I know you wouldn't buy more stuff for your house just to collect it!

Lizzie said...

I only send cards to people i wont see and who dont have email. I do buy wrapping paper in th epost christmas sales though and i make sure it doesnt look too Christmassy and can be used for all the birthdays in between. Now is the time to invest!
Lizzie

Daizy said...

That is a good investment Lizzie. Usually I end up buying paper when I get to my holiday destination. I haven't touched my collection of wrapping paper in 5 years. Maybe I should donate it?