My realtor called me yesterday. I had written her an email to find out if she was optimistic at all about the chances of my house selling. I suppose I shouldn’t have been surprised that she wasn’t. We decided to give it another 30 days. After that, the neighbors house will have closed escrow and the low purchase price will be public information. There is no hope of getting the price I want after that.
So now I will have to decide whether to rent out the house or stay in it and only rent it as a vacation rental during the tourist months of Jan.-Mar. I don’t know. Vacation rentals are a hassle. It would be better to be a long term rental but I don’t want it to sit vacant month after month. I will decide in 30 days.
I think I will cancel my home phone service to save a little money. I rarely use my home phone. I think it costs around $20. Even if I went over on my cell phone bill once in a while it would still be less than $20 per month. I did go over by $44 a couple months ago but it was my birthday month and everyone called my cell phone plus I was calling someone to fix my fridge and my realtor. That doesn’t happen very often.
Hopefully soon I will get this all straightened out so that I am in a position to save money towards my goal of financial freedom again.
Tomorrow I should see my money market fund account increase by $100 in interest for the first time. Yea! Too bad I can’t live on $100 a month. I don’t think there is any way to get my expenses that low. That doesn’t even cover health insurance. But it’s a good start.